1st October 2019 to 1st September 2020 – FREE to Enter! (NOW EXTENDED TO 30TH NOVEMBER)
The Friends of the South Downs invite you to enter its 2019/20 photographic competition celebrating the beauty of the South Downs National Park – its landscape, wildlife, buildings and other man-made structures contributing to the cultural heritage of the area. The Park stretches from Eastbourne to Winchester, covering the chalk downs of Sussex and East Hampshire and the sandstone country of the Western Weald.
Adult Class – 1st Prize – £150 | 2nd Prize: £100 | 3rd Prize: £50
Junior Class -1st Prize – £100 | 2nd Prize: £50 | 3rd Prize: £25
- Images must be taken within the Park or as the Park is viewed from outside its boundaries, and taken within the past two years.
- Digital images should be submitted in JPEG format at a size of approximately 8” x 10” or 20cm x 25cm at 300dpi with a maximum file size of 5Mb. Digital images may be edited to remove spots or scratches or to enhance their quality. Manipulation to remove anything from the scene or to add anything is not permitted, the image must remain true to the subject, as viewed at the time.
- Entry to the competition is free, it is not open to professional photographers.
- Entrants can submit up to 3 photographs
- All photographs must be captioned with the entrant’s name, class (Adult/Junior), and the location and date taken. Junior entrants must declare that they are aged under 18 and have consent of their parent or guardian.
- Entrants must have taken the photograph and hold its copyright. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. It must not have been a winner in another competition or been previously published.
- Copyright of the image remains with the photographer but entry to the competition is deemed to give the Friends of the South Downs the right to use it for publicity purposes in support of our mission and to publish it, whether or not it is awarded a prize. All images will be retained by the Society for non-commercial use, for example newsletters, displays, webpages.
Submit your entry by completing the following form.